12th National Conference on Immunization Coalitions and Partnerships (NCICP)
Dates: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - Friday, May 27, 2016
Location: Indianapolis, IN
The National Conference on Immunization Coalitions and Partnerships (NCICP), formerly the National Conference on Immunization and Health Coalitions, is a gathering of coalition leaders, staff and board members; public health workers and experts; and community advocates. The conference occurs every two years and is the product of a national volunteer planning committee. The 12th National Conference on Immunization Coalitions and Partnerships will be held in Indianapolis, IN from Wednesday, May 25 through Friday, May 27, 2016.
The goal of the 12th NCICP is to improve community health by enhancing the effectiveness of immunization coalitions and their partners. We will achieve this by offering participants training in relevant coalition management and health promotion topics, as well as networking and professional development opportunities.
- Provide training on skills essential for effective coalitions, such as fundraising, evaluation, developing leadership, building partnerships, policy advocacy, and communication.
- Disseminate best practices and innovative strategies for coalitions.
- Address current hot topics and emerging issues for immunization coalitions, such as health reform implementation.
- Improve participants’ knowledge of ways to work with diverse populations, end health disparities, and promote health equity.
- Offer opportunities for coalition members to network and share skills and “lessons learned.”
NCICP is put on by a dedicated team of health coalition leaders from across the U.S. who volunteer their time. In 2016, the local host coalition is the Indiana Immunization Coalition. Indiana Immunization Coalition mission is to reduce the spread of vaccine preventable disease. Learn more at www.vaccinateindiana.org
For more information about the conference, please contact Lisa K. Robertson, MPH, Executive Director, Indiana Immunization Coalition 317-628-7116.