CDC Webinar - Perspectives on Oropharyngeal Cancer: Scientific Overview, Clinical Expertise, and Personal Experience
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
CDC will offer a webinar on February 13 from 2:00–3:00 p.m. (ET) titled Perspectives on Oropharyngeal Cancer: Scientific Overview, Clinical Expertise, and Personal Experience.
As a result of this webinar, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the burden and epidemiology of oropharyngeal cancer as well as the natural history from HPV infection to oropharyngeal cancer.
- Understand the difference between oral cancers and oropharyngeal cancers.
- Learn how to address common questions about oropharyngeal cancer and HPV vaccine.
- Understand the process of diagnosis, treatment, and recovery from oropharyngeal cancer from a cancer survivor’s perspective.
- Amber D’Souza, PhD, MS, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Carole Fakhry, MD, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Jason Mendelsohn, Survivor, Superman HPV; Executive Board, Head & Neck Cancer Alliance
For more information and to register, click here.