CCIC Provider Education: What's New With the Flu?
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Time: 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Location: Children’s Hospital Colorado, Village Pavilion Silverton Conference Room (6th Floor) 13100 East Colfax Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045
This educational seminar is being presented for physicians, nurses, healthcare providers, students, educators, and stakeholders interested in immunization administration, delivery, policy and public health. Additional details coming soon.
At the conclusion of this seminar, participants should be able to:
- Describe the influenza virus types, subtypes and epidemiology.
- Review clinical manifestations of influenza.
- Summarize previous influenza seasons, including vaccine effectiveness and burden of disease.
- Discuss contraindications, allergies, and recommendations.
- Review influenza diagnosis and treatment.
Suchitra Rao, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine
Attending Physician, Pediatric Infectious Diseases/Hospital Medicine, Children’s Hospital CO
Register to attend this seminar in person. Lunch provided with registration.
Please note: Registering for CCIC events will auto-enroll you as a CCIC member. If you do not wish to be enrolled in membership, please chose the "opt-out" option when registering. There is no cost-associated with membership. For more information on membership and benefits, please visit our membership webpage.